Can You Get a Faster Horse in Witcher 3?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an open-world action role-playing game developed by CD Projekt Red. The game offers a wide range of activities such as monster hunting, exploring, and horse-riding. In this game, Geralt of Rivia is equipped with a horse, Roach, which is his loyal companion and faithful steed. Roach is capable of running at an average speed but there are times when you need a faster horse. So, the question arises – can you get a faster horse in Witcher 3?
What Are the Benefits of Having a Faster Horse?
Having a faster horse in Witcher 3 can be advantageous in a number of ways. To start with, it will save you time as you traverse the vast open world. A faster horse will allow you to reach your destination quickly, which means you can spend more time exploring and engaging in other activities. Moreover, a faster horse is especially helpful in combat as it can help you close the distance between you and your enemy quickly.
How to Get a Faster Horse in Witcher 3?
The good news is that you can get a faster horse in Witcher 3. Here are a few methods you can use to get a speedier steed:
1. Complete the Races
The first method to get a faster horse in Witcher 3 is to complete the races. There are several races dotted around the map in Novigrad, Skellige and Velen. Completing these races will reward you with a faster horse. You can also buy a faster horse from the various horse merchants in the game.
2. Find a Wild Horse
Another way to get a faster horse in Witcher 3 is to find a wild horse. There are several wild horses roaming around the game world, and you can spot them easily. To tame a wild horse, you will need to use Aard to knock it out and then you can mount it. Wild horses are usually faster than the ones you can buy from merchants.
3. Upgrade Roach
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of finding and taming a wild horse, then you can always upgrade your horse, Roach. The game gives you the option to upgrade Roach with various items such as saddlebags and horseshoes, which will increase its speed. You can also use special items like the Superior Saddle to further upgrade Roach and make it even faster.
4. Use the Witcher 3 Mods
The last option to get a faster horse in Witcher 3 is to use mods. Mods are user-created modifications that can be used to enhance your gaming experience. There are several mods available that allow you to get a faster horse in Witcher 3. These mods can be easily downloaded from various websites and they are easy to install.
Tips for Riding a Faster Horse
Once you’ve got a faster horse in Witcher 3, you’ll need to learn how to control it properly. Here are a few tips that will help you get the most out of your faster steed:
- Keep Your Balance: You need to maintain your balance while riding a faster horse so that you don’t get thrown off. Do not lean too far to either side and keep your weight centred on the horse.
- Use the Reins: Using the reins properly will help you control your horse better. Pulling the reins will slow down the horse and releasing them will make the horse go faster.
- Hold the Saddle: Gripping the saddle is another way to maintain your balance while riding a faster horse. This will also help you keep your posture upright and reduce the chances of getting thrown off the horse.
- Relax Your Body: You need to relax your body while riding the faster horse. Do not tense up and keep your movements smooth and relaxed.
- Be Patient: It takes some time to get used to riding a faster horse. So, be patient and take your time to learn how to control your horse properly.
Tips for Taking Care of Your Horse
Riding a faster horse in Witcher 3 is great but you need to make sure that your horse is taken care of properly. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your horse:
- Feed Your Horse: Make sure that your horse is fed regularly. You can buy food from horse merchants or you can find it in the game world.
- Clean Your Horse: Cleaning your horse is important as it helps to keep your horse healthy and happy. You can use a brush to brush your horse and remove any dirt or debris from its fur.
- Check for Injuries: You should also check your horse for any injuries or signs of illness. If you notice any signs of illness, you should contact an animal healer or veterinarian.
- Provide Shelter: Provide your horse with a shelter to protect it from harsh weather conditions. You can build a stable or buy one from a merchant.
- Let Your Horse Rest: Do not overwork your horse. Let it rest and recover after a long journey. This will help to keep your horse in good condition.
Getting a faster horse in Witcher 3 is possible, and there are several ways to do it. You can complete races, find a wild horse, upgrade Roach, or use mods to get a faster horse. Once you have a faster horse, remember to take care of it properly and use the tips provided above to get the most out of your steed.